All Cambridge Aero Club Standard Flights and Aerobatic Flight
Experiences are sold and flown subject to the following Terms & Conditions
- Cambridge Aero Club reserves the right to cancel any flight without notice if the prevailing weather is deemed unsuitable for flight.
- Cambridge Aero Club reserves the right to cancel, postpone or re-schedule any flight for operational or aircraft serviceability reasons. In the unlikely event of a full cancellation a refund will be given.
- Cambridge Aero Club shall not be liable for any travel, accommodation or other expenses incurred from flight cancellations due to operational circumstances, including unsuitable weather.
- Experience tickets are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase and are not refundable.
- Unexpired vouchers may be extended for a period of 6 calendar months for an additional fee equal to 50% of the original voucher purchase price. Only one extension per voucher will be allowed after which the voucher will become void and no refund will be given.
- Flight Experience tickets are valid for the named recipient only and are non-transferable.
- Tickets may not be re-sold under any circumstances. Only tickets purchased directly from Cambridge Aero Club will be accepted as valid. Tickets purchased from any other source will be deemed invalid.
- Tickets purchased by telephone or via the Cambridge Aero Club website are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase. Tickets purchased in this manner may be returned for a full refund within 10 days of purchase. Tickets must be returned with a written refund request before any refund can be made.
- When flights are purchased online an open dated (no flight booking made) ticket will be issued and posted to the purchaser via Royal Mail. E-tickets can be requested to the Aero Club team.
- All flying participants must be a minimum age of 12 years old. Passenger participants under 12 years old must be supervised by a parent or guardian. This is the only exception to the 1 passenger rule (Item 12) and is subject to approval from the Duty Manager on the day of the flight. Adult supervision on airfield premises is required for those under 16 years.
- Participants of Aerobatic Experiences in the Extra200 must check Weight and Height restrictions before booking flights. This aircraft is not suitable for participants over 6ft2inches tall and/or 16st in weight. Should the participant exceed the restriction the flight will be cancelled and no refund given.
- Participants may, at the discretion of the aircraft captain take 1 passenger on a Standard Flight Experience. Passengers on flights should be family or friends of the pilot who are sharing the experience with a view to learning to fly.
- All passengers should ensure that they are in good health and if in doubt should seek the medical advice of their GP before flying.
- The Captain of the aircraft can, at his/her discretion refuse entry to the aircraft for any reason. Participants are strongly advised to refrain from taking alcohol or any drugs within 24 hours of the period prior to flight. The Captain will refuse entry to the aircraft for anyone he/she suspects may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. No refunds will be given under any circumstances if you are refused entry.
- Smoking is prohibited in any hangar, or within 50 feet of any fuel installation or aircraft.
- Your Flight Experience ticket and an acceptable form of photo I.D. must be produced for inspection prior to the flight being conducted. Failure to produce the ticket will result in your flight being cancelled without refund.
- Cancellations or re-schedule requests must be made 24 hours prior to the flight time. Failure to give 24 hours notice will attract a cancellation fee of £75.
- Flight participants should present themselves at least ten minutes prior to the booked time of flight. Should a participant fail to present themselves with sufficient time remaining to conduct the booked flight, the flight will be cancelled and no refund given.
- Participants are strongly advised to telephone Cambridge Aero Club on 01223 373717 prior to departing for the airport to confirm their booking and check that the prevailing weather forecast enables the flight to go ahead.
- The Club does not provide the Pilot of a Club aircraft with Life insurance. Members acting as Pilots should accordingly consult their own Insurers.
Whilst every precaution is taken for the safety of passengers the operator cannot be held liable for loss, damage or injury which does not result from their negligence.
- Legal Liability Insurance is arranged by the Club within limits promulgated from time to time on the Club Notice Board and is designed to protect the Club and Members against claims from Passengers and Third Parties arising from an accident for which the Club or Members are legally liable.
- In the event of a Club aircraft being involved in any occurrence that, directly or indirectly, causes injury or damage to persons or property of Third Parties whilst it is in the charge of any Participant, neither such Participant nor any passenger shall in any circumstances make any admission of liability, or offer or promise of payment.
- Passengers wishing to take cameras and other photographic equipment on the flight may only do so with the consent of the aircraft captain and do so entirely at their own risk.
- In addition to any financial penalties or obligations imposed by the Club Regulations in respect of breaches thereof, and independent of any Penalties which may be imposed by Courts for contravention of the Air Navigation Order, the Member committing any breach may be suspended from flying either permanently or for any less period.
- Club ATO Manual shall prevail over these Regulations but neither shall prevail over Air Navigation Orders, Directions, Regulations and Notices issued by the Civil Aviation Authority or other competent Authority.